BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Chili Oriental

A great meal to serve on a relatively "chilly" day here in MN. My mom made this for us for years and it was one of our "staples" you could say. I made it for the first time several years ago back when I was teaching at Fillmore Central. The teaching staff had this annual Christmas celebration called the "12 Days of Eating." Each person signed up as a team to take a day and bring food for everyone to enjoy all throughout the day. It was there that I realized how awesome this chili really is. I kid you not...14 teachers out of 20 asked me for this recipe. It is SO easy to make. You can have the whole thing done in less than 45 minutes. And not to mention...very healthy...and quite tasty! We usually double the recipe to make sure we have leftovers.

Enjoy!

P.S. This chili really holds its heat well, so be sure to blow on your spoon first or you'll burn your tongue!

Chili Oriental

16 oz. ground turkey
1 tbsp. minced or diced onion
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
4 c. or 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 c. of water
dash of pepper
1 bag of frozen oriental style veggies (we used a broccoli stir fry mix)

Brown ground turkey; add all other ingredients and cook for 30 minutes.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Might I say that your recipes sound delish! :-) I will motivate myself to cook some of them soon. And awesome photography and presentation! (Did somebody say Next Food Network Star? Wha?)

Anonymous said...

Wow! That recipe sounds so amazing! Im going to the grocery store today and will add that to my list!