BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Mexican Lasagna

This is an old favorite of mine that my mom introduced to our family years ago. I'd have to ask her to be sure, but I think this is a weight watcher's recipe...but maybe not. Either way, it's overwhelmingly delicious and I think you should try it. Yummy stuff!

Mexican Lasagna

1 lb. ground turkey
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. green pepper
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 envelope of taco seasoning
2 c. cottage cheese
6 oz. shredded cheddar cheese - divided
2 eggs
6 - 6" flour tortillas

Brown turkey and green pepper and onion. Add tomatoes and taco seasoning. Simmer 5 minutes. In a bowl, combine cottage cheese, 4 oz. cheddar cheese, and eggs. Place 3 tortillas on bottom of sprayed 9 x 13 pan. Spoon meat mixture evenly over tortillas. Top with 3 more tortillas, then cheese mixture. Bake covered at 350 for 45 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake uncovered until cheese mixture is set. Serve on bed of lettuce, tomatoes, and salsa. Top with sour cream, black & green olives, and salsa.

Serves 6

3 comments:

March said...

looks good!

Val said...

If you send me your email address, I'll share a bunch that I have. Craftycritter78@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

"Yummy" I made this and its delish!