BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Velvety Vegetable Cheese Soup

I got this recipe out of the Kraft Food & Family seasonal magazine. It's a free magazine that's sent out I believe 4 times a year and it's got some of the BEST recipes I've seen. I was recently informed of this awesome free deal by one of my cousins and I decided to give it a try. My first issue arrived in the mail, as promised, a few days ago. This season's theme? "Comfort Food Favorites." I don't think it's any secret at all now that my favorite thing to make is comfort food. :) So I was pretty excited when this came in the mail.

If you're interested in receiving this free magazine, you can sign up at www.kraftfoods.com/share
It only takes a second and there's no obligation. And there's an option to click on that won't send you any offers or tips to your email. You'll just received the magazine 4 times a year. It's fabulous!

Anyways...I tried my first recipe out of there today...the Velvety Vegetable Cheese Soup. Since it's been ridiculously cold here in MN these past several days, Chris and I have been craving chilis, soups, stews, etc. It's helped make this crazy winter season we're in just a tad bit easier to handle.

I really LOVED how this soup turned out. In the picture it looks a tad bit more thick than what I actually came up with. Don't expect the cheese to be super thick like you would get when ordering broccoli cheese soup at a restaurant. It's more of a cheesy broth. But wow...it's really good. I made this whole thing, prep time and everything, in a half an hour. Super easy to make and very very good!

Enjoy!

Velvety Vegetable Cheese Soup

1 pkg. (16 0z) frozen broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot mix
2 cans (14 oz. each) fat-free, reduced-sodium, chicken broth
3/4 lb. (12 oz.) Velveeta pasteurized prepared cheese product, cup up (we used a full lb.)

Place vegetables and broth in large saucepan; cover. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.

Mash vegetables with potato masher to desired consistency.

Stir in Velveeta; cook 5 minutes or until Velveeta is melted and soup is heated through; stirring frequently.

Makes 6 servings of 1 cup each.

0 comments: