BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Shipwreck Dinner

An oldie, but a goodie from the Kraft Food and Family magazine. My husband requested that I make this recipe this week, so I thought I'd share it all with you. So easy to prepare in 5 minutes, and done 30 minutes after that. What a fabulously easy and delicious meal for all!

Shipwreck Dinner

1 lb. extra lean ground beef
1 pkg. (7-1/4 oz.) KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
1 can (16 oz.) stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 cup frozen green peas
1 cup milk
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese

Brown meat in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat, if necessary. Stir in Macaroni, Cheese Sauce Mix, tomatoes, peas and milk. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Simmer 12 min. or until macaroni is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand 5 min. or until cheese is melted.


4 comments:

knightowl73 said...

Wow! Congrats on being #3 when I Google "Shipwreck Dinner."

Way to go!

This looks yummy. I will have to try it sometime.

Thanks!

Val said...

This looks yummy! Any chance nutritional information was included in the magazine?

Jennifer said...

I am sooo making this tonight for dinner. Ben is out of town and I was wondering what to make for Allie and I. Plus, I need to go to the grocery store. I actually have ALL the ingredients for this and it looks really easy!

Jennifer said...

Yum! This turned out GREAT! Allie, who will usually not eat meat or tomatoes ate two huge helpings full. She was way excited to see mac and cheese in it! I ate the leftovers for lunch yesterday. Thanks for sharing the recipe.