BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Chipotle's Guacamole Recipe

Yes, I'm serious. Chris and I have done our research, found "official recipes" and we've tried them all. And we've adapted them over and over and over again. We have finally figured it out. This is it. For real. It's official. I challenge you to get a side of guac at chipotle, make this, and eat them one right after the other. You probably can't tell the difference. And if you can, it's very slight. Or you made it wrong! ;)

Chipotle's Signature Guacamole Recipe

2 large ripe Hass avocado, peeled and pitted
2 tsp. fresh lime juice
2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
1 clove of garlic, finely minced
1 serrano chili, seeded and chopped (be careful not to touch your eyes after working with this)
1/2 tsp. salt

Mash up avocado with a fork or food processor. Add lime juice. Add all other ingredients and blend well. Serve with tortilla chips.

P.S. wanna keep your guac from turning brown? Keep the avocado pits buried in the leftover guac...Trust me. It'll keep for days.



4 comments:

Dr. Erin and Mr. Heath said...

Hey Mushface!
She posted those pics in her bio for me because I was asking for deck inspiration pics. She said she was going to take them out, but just put them there for me to see. Thanks for looking out, babe :)
And, I can't wait to try some of your new recipes...those chicken wraps look delish!

Hi-DOF Photography said...

Thanks for the awesome recipe! I just made my guacamole and it does taste just like the Chipotle recipe. Yummy!

Elizabeth said...

Great "recipe sleuthing"! This recipe tasted very much like chipotle, and even had a little more kick. Thanks!

Lynette said...

WOW!! This is really close to the real thing. I'm addicted to Chipotle's guac! thanks for this recipe!