BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 16, 2008

Swedish Meatballs

In honor of my Grandma Doris, who passed away last night, I am posting her famous Swedish Meatballs recipe. We have this EVERY Christmas along with a ton of other Swedish goodies, but this is always the big deal. I've been trying to perfect them, and yet I still can't get mine to taste as fabulous as Grandma's. One day...

Trust me. It's worth the time put in for these fabulous meatballs. IKEA's got nothin on these babies.

Swedish Meatballs

2 lbs. of ground beef
1/2 sleeve of saltine crackers crushed (soaked in a little teeny bit of milk)
1 medium onion diced
salt and peper to taste
2 tsp. ginger
2 tsp. sugar
2 eggs

Soak crushed crackers into just enough milk to make them mushy. Be careful not to have any excess milk. Add the eggs, onion, and seasonings to the meat and mix all together. Make into balls and brown on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.

Put in a dutch oven and add water. Simmer in oven at 350 degrees for 2-3 hours.



1 comments:

Dr. Erin and Mr. Heath said...

Court, I'm so sorry about your grandma. You and your family are in my prayers. Sounds like a delicious recipe, and what a great way to honor your grandma!