BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Peppermint Pie

I made up my own recipe on this one as my husband and I have been craving a peppermint pie for some time.

I took the idea from the key lime pie I currently have in my blog, and I adapted it.

Peppermint Pie

1 oreo or chocolate pie crust
1 8 oz. cool whip
7 oz. sweetened condensed milk (half of a small 14 oz. can)
1 tsp. pure peppermint extract
red food coloring (optional)
whip cream
peppermint sprinkles/crushed candy canes

Mix coolwhip, sweetened condensed milk, and peppermint extract in a large bowl. Add red food coloring if desired. Pour mixture into pie crust and refrigerate at least 2-3 hours. Top with whip cream and crushed candy canes.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I love your key lime pie, so I think I might definitely have to try this one. Though it would be dangerous since my hubby doesn't like peppermint--I'd end up eating the whole pie myself!

whitekitchen said...

Sounds yummy! And kudos to you for making up your own recipe. :)