BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Down Home Meatloaf

I got this recipe out of an old Taste of Home magazine. While I've made meatloaf for years, something wasn't turning out right as of late, so I thought I'd actually try a recipe for once! Some people may not be huge fans of meatloaf, but I can honestly tell you this one was OUTSTANDING. So much flavor, the bread crumbs really held everything together, and we were able to eat several meals of leftovers.

I'm tellin ya...give this one a try.

Down Home Meatloaf

2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup milk
2 cups soft bread crumbs
3/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground mustard
2 pounds ground beef
1/4 cup ketchup

In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.

Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Spread with ketchup; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and meat is no longer pink. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Meat loaf may be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 8 servings.


0 comments: