BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Slow-Cooker Lasagna

A couple weeks ago, my best friend came over for a nice dinner with me and the hubs. I wanted to make something nice, but didn't really want a whole lotta fuss as I'd had a ridiculously busy week ahead of me as well.

Luckily I'd just received my latest Kraft Food & Family magazine and there were a bazillion yummy dishes in there just ready to be made.

I came across their Slow-Cooker Lasagna recipe and knew we had to try it. We love lasagna around here, but I never want to really take the time to make one. This recipe was made for people like me. Put it together, put it in the crock pot and walk away!

And it was DE-LISH.

Check it out.

Slow-Cooker Lasagna

1 lb. ground beef
1 jar (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce
1 cup water
1 container (15 oz.) Ricotta Cheese
1 pkg. (7 oz.) 2% Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
1 egg
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
6 lasagna noodles, uncooked

Brown meat in large skillet; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and water.

In a separate bowl, mix ricotta, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella, 2 Tbsp. Parmesan, egg and parsley.

Spoon 1 cup meat sauce into slow cooker; top with layers of half each of the noodles, broken to fit; and cheese mixture. Cover with 2 cups meat sauce. Top with remaining noodles, broken to fit; cheese mixture and meat sauce. Cover with lid.

Cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses; let stand, covered, 10 min. or until melted.

Photo courtesy of kraftfoods.com


0 comments: