BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 16, 2009

Jeanne's Chicken-Mac

This is my very first "MN Hotdish" out of my new cookbook that arrived on my doorstep 2 days ago!

This one in particular caught my eye for 1 main reason...it's mac & cheese. Mac & cheese is theme on this blog, or has been in the past, so I'm always looking for new ways to "jazz up" the good old comfort food main-stay.

This new recipe definitely didn't disappoint. In fact, you'd only be letting yourself down if you don't try it!

Check it out now...

Jeanne's Chicken-Mac

1-7 oz. package of elbow macaroni, UNCOOKED
2 cups of cubed cooked chicken
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1-2 oz. jar of diced pimentos, or 2 tbsp chopped roasted sweet red bell pepper
3 tbsp of minced onion
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
pinch of black pepper
1/2 tsp curry powder
1-10 3/4 oz. can of condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 cup of whole milk (I used half and half)
1-4 oz. can mushroom pieces and stems, undrained

Preheat oven to 350.

Place all ingredients into a 2-quart glass baking dish; mix. Cover and bake about 1 hour or until macaroni test done. Serves 4.

Yep. You really don't cook the macaroni first. I'm serious! Enjoy!

0 comments: