BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ultimate Crispy Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

My latest issue of Kraft Food & Family showed up the other day, and I was thrilled to see several new recipes I'm looking forward to trying out.

Tonight, the hubs and I were looking for something quick to eat as we were both starving after a long day at work...usher in Kraft's Ultimate Crispy Grilled Cheese Sandwich and a bowl of tomato soup and our tummies were HAPPY!

It's a nice "twist" on the typical grilled cheese sandwich we all know and love. And if you're looking for another great "twist" to add...check out my previous blog on grilled cheese sandwiches here.

Ultimate Crispy Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

8 slices of your choice of bread (we did wheat)
8 slices of your choice in cheese (we did provolone & american)
8 tsp soft margarine
4 tsp of grated parmesan cheese

Heat oven to 400 degrees

Fill bread slices with cheese singles to make 4 sandwiches

Spread the outside of sandwiches with margarine, place on baking sheet.

Bake sandwiches for 8 minutes. Then sprinkle with half the parmesan cheese. Flip sandwiches; sprinkle with remaining parmesan. Bake 6 to 9 minutes longer or until golden brown.

Serve with your favorite soup of choice!

1 comments:

Mandi said...

This recipe has become a stand-by in my house, but I couldn't find my Food & Family, so I Googled the recipe and found your blog. Thanks for sharing! It's good with ham, too, and today I am planning to try a similar idea with reubens.