BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Beef & Cheese Enchiladas

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a huge lover of Tex-Mex and Mexican food. Big time. In fact, the hubby and I can be found at our favorite local Mexican restaurant several times a month. We're a tad bit addicted.

I decided to try my hand at some enchiladas. I don't tend to lean towards making them as they can be a wee bit on messy side, but thought I'd try my hand at my own recipe. I have featured a previous enchilada recipe on the blog here, but it's been a looooong time; and that one used chicken.

So here we go. This is my own version of Beef & Cheese Enchiladas. It may be messy, but you'll forget all about that once you take one bite. I swear it.

Court's Beef & Cheese Enchiladas

2 - 10 oz. cans of green enchilada sauce
1 - 16 oz. container of sour cream, divided
10 corn tortillas
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced (optional)
1 jar of pace picante sauce
4 cups of shredded Mexican Style cheese, divided
1 pkg. of taco seasoning
shredded lettuce
diced black and green olives

In a large skillet, blend enchilada sauce with sour cream. Heat through until simmering.

In separate skillet, brown meat, adding onion and green pepper. Drain grease and add taco seasoning.

Dip tortillas, one at a time, in sauce mixture to cover.

Assemble enchiladas in a 9 x 13 inch pan. Place part of the meat mixture on each tortilla; top with a handful of shredded cheese. Roll to enclose the meat mixture and place tortilla, seam side down, into pan. When tortillas are all rolled and placed in pan, pour remaining sauce and any meat mixture leftover on top of enchiladas.

Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.

Top with shredded lettuce, picante sauce, leftover sour cream, shredded cheese, and olives.

1 comments:

ashley said...

I'm so hungry right now and this looks amazing!