BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Apple Breakfast Lasagna

I apologize for the lack of posts this month so far. I've been on vacay in FL visiting my family for the past week and have a few days left here until I head back to my end of the country. But my mom made a wicked awesome breakfast dish the other day that I just HAD to share with you all.

She came across this recipe years ago in some magazine (that she can't remember), and made it a long time ago. Somehow I missed out on its goodness at that time, but am so glad I got to partake in the deliciousness this week!

Go with me on this. When I first heard the ingredients I thought "Ew. That sounds really weird together." But trust me, it's FAB.

If you want a super easy breakfast dish to prepare, that makes you look like a super fancy chef that everyone will be envious of, make this.

Apple Breakfast Lasagna

1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 packages (9 oz. each) frozen french toast (12 slices)
1/2 pound sliced boiled ham (we used diced ham)
2 cups (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
1 can apple pie filling
1 cup granola with raisins

In a small bowl, blend sour cream and brown sugar; chill.

Place 6 french toast slices in bottom of greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Layer ham, 1 1/2 cups cheese and remaining 6 slices of french toast. Spread apple filling over top; sprinkle with granola.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake for 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.

Drizzle sour cream and sugar mixture on top. Yields 6 servings.

0 comments: