BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Chicken Chow Mein Hot Dish

Want the same great taste and flavor of chicken chow mein only with half the carb load?

Here's a great hot dish for you!

I'm revisiting my hot dish cookbook that I wrote about in a few previous entries. My mom recommended that I try the Chicken Chow Mein in there and we decided to give it a go for lunch this afternoon.

I made a few adjustments of my own and I have to say, it was REALLY fantastic! This is chow mein without the noodles or rice, but oh so good!

My hubby couldn't stop raving about it.

Chicken Chow Mein Hot Dish

1 cup of chopped onions
3 stalks of celery, chopped
1/4 cup of butter
1- 10 3/4 oz can of condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1- 10 3/4 oz can of condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
1/2 cup of chicken broth
1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
3 cups of cooked chicken
3/4 cups of mushroom pieces and stems
1- 3 oz. can of chow mein noodles
6 tbsp cashew halves

In a saucepan, stir and cook onions and celery in butter until tender.

Stir in soup, chicken broth, and soy sauce. Add chicken and mushrooms; stir and cook until hot.

Pour mixture into a greased 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with chow mein noodles and cashews.

Bake at 350 uncovered until bubbly hot, about 25 minutes. Serves 4.

1 comments:

throughthepriszm said...

This looks really similar to my Mom's Mock Chow Mein. Which is the only way we get decent Chow Mein now.