BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Spinach Balls

Today we welcome one of my best friends, Alison, to Cooking With Court. Alison and I met almost 2 years ago on a local forum for newlyweds. We initially started chatting because she and I have the same career, only at 2 different hospitals in our area, but we also soon found out we have sooooo much more in common than just our jobs, it's a wee bit scary! HA! Alison and I quickly became very good friends and we can be found a couple times a month at a local coffee shop or restaurant talking for hours on end.

Like me, Alison really loves to cook and I asked her to share one of her favorite recipes with you all.

So with that...heeeeeeeeerrrrrrreeee's Alison!

My name is Alison and I really enjoy food- cooking it, eating it, sharing it! Most of my childhood memories involve some kind of food. These spinach balls are a family favorite! They are like gold sitting in the freezer! They are never absent from the appetizer extravaganza on Christmas Eve! My job was always to drain and squeeze the water out of the spinach! Besides my love of food I have another love of my life, My Husband Geoff. We have been married for almost 3 years and have enjoyed every minute of it! We share a love for camping, going on cruises, biking, going to our favorite home improvement store, and the TV show The Biggest Loser! We are also currently training for a local half marathon! Although our parents would love for us to provide them with grandchildren they have our cute, lovable fur child Lily to tide them over!
I was so honored that Court asked me to contribute to her fantastic cooking blog and am blessed to call her my friend!

Spinach Balls

2 10 oz packages chopped spinach (drain and squeeze the water out)
2 cups Pepperidge Farm Herb stuffing mix (the dry crumb type)- roll with rolling pin to break up large crumbs
1 medium onion finely chopped
6 large eggs slightly beaten
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (the kind that comes in the can)
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp. ground thyme
1/2 tsp. pepper
3/4 cup softened margarine (DO NOT USE BUTTER)

Mix all the ingredients together. Chill for 1 hour in the refrigerator. Roll into balls the size of walnuts and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or parchment paper. Put cookie sheet in freezer. Remove from cookie sheet when frozen, put into a zip top bag and store in freezer until needed. Bake frozen for 15-20 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven. Makes about 4 dozen spinach balls.


0 comments: