BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mom's Dilly Dip

It's summertime and one of my favorite things to eat is fresh veggies all cut up with some dip.

In fact, that's just what I had for a late-night "dinner" last night.

This is the dill veggie dip that I literally grew up on. Anytime we'd have a family BBQ or Grill night, this dip came along with it. It was a staple at our Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day gatherings. And honestly, it's the best dip I've ever tasted in my life.

Not only does it go great with chopped veggies, it makes an awesome sandwich spread as well. Just yesterday I spread a little bit onto a turkey wrap that I'd made for lunch and it was so yummy!

This dip could not be more easy to make. It only has a few ingredients that most of you might have around your kitchen at this very moment.

In fact, I think I hear those fresh veggies in your fridge screaming for it right now! ;-)

*we double the recipe so that we have lots of leftovers for veggies and sandwiches all week

Mom's Dilly Dip

2/3 c. mayonnaise
2/3 c. sour cream
1 Tbsp. onion, grated (if you don't have a grater, then finely minced onion works too)

1/2 Tbsp. parsley
1 1/2 Tbsp. dill
1 tsp. salt

Mix all of above together and chill in fridge for 1-2 hours.

Serve with raw cauliflower, cucumbers, carrot sticks, celery or any other favorite vegetables. Or spread it on your favorite sandwich!


*picture courtesy of Stiletto Sports Magazine

1 comments:

ashley said...

Oh yum! I'm cursing the fact that I can't eat sour cream! That looks fantastic!