BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Paula Deen's Taco Chili - Cooking with Court Style

Those of you that know me in real life know that I'm a HUGE fan of the one and only Paula Deen. That woman can make a mean anything and she is the epitome of the "down home cook."

For those of you, like me, who are really big into fall, the cooler/crisper weather, colorful leaves, and FOOTBALL, you're probably lookin for a new recipe to try out here as we head into some wonderful cooler temps.

OR if you're gearing up to host any Monday Night Football get-togethers, this might just be the hearty chili recipe you're looking for.

My fab mom passed along this recipe a couple weeks ago and I knew I had to try it. I gotta pay homage to Mrs. Deen and share it with you all.

Talk about chili with a "kick!" POW! This chili will sucker-punch your taste buds. In a GOOD way.

Even though I love me some Paula, I had to change up the original recipe a bit, to make it simpler, and give it a more personal touch.

So here ya go...

Paula Deen's Taco Chili - Cooking with Court Style

1 lb. ground turkey or ground beef, browned and drained if needed (Paula uses the drippings for flavor)

2 cups of water
1 cup tomato sauce
1 cup diced tomatoes
2 oz. of green chilies (to give it some heat)
1 cup of pinto beans (dried)
1 cup of red kidney beans
1 envelope of buttermilk ranch dressing (dry mix)
1 1 oz. pkg. of taco seasoning
1/3 cup of minced onion
1 tbsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. dried cumin

Add all the ingredients to the browned meat and simmer on low heat for 2 hours.

Crush taco chips and place in bowl under chili or crush and place on top. OR BOTH! Sprinkle with cheese, black olives, a dollop of sour cream, and sliced green onion tops.

Yields: 4 servings

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yum - this looks delicious!